Wednesday, January 23, 2019

We made it! First campground of the trip!

We had a quiet night in the Tractor Supply parking lot and left just before dawn for our first destination of this trip, Fontainbleau State Park in Louisiana. Heavy rain is forecast for all day so we tried to make the quick 45 minute drive before it started.  Made it to the park, found our site, and moved in, complete with electric hook up.  And then it STARTED!



Sooooo the campground has a bit of flooding, but fortunately, not actually where the RV and car are parked.  That IS our fire ring peeking out of the water.


Ever the cat, Smokey is delighted to be here.  What she wants now are good tummy rubs and head scratches.


I am sure this next topic is going to fascinate everyone :-} but I brought my orchid with us.  The darn thing bloomed for 2 years and then went dormant for about 6 months. A couple of weeks before we left, she showed signs of new shoots and baby buds.  I am not going to miss this! So, she's traveling with us and YOU are going to have the wonderful opportunity of watching her bloom!  yes, I know... but I'll always put it last and you can stop reading lol   Here she is, buds forming on the stalk.


Tomorrow is sunny and in the mid 60's, so I expect we'll head for Bourbon Street.  We should get some more interesting pictures there!


No comments: