Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rum Cay

We are in Rum Cay with limited internet ---ie I've been up since 3:30 a.m. to do internet stuff (you know, like check the bank book, etc...). Seems to be the only time we can get internet. No pictures-too much data.
Rum is an island we like. It's small, few inhabitants, but has beautiful beaches to explore. Rented a golf cart for 24 hours and went around the island. When the wind breaks (probably Sunday) we'll head for Cat Cay and Eluthera, making our turn "north" and beginning the trek homeward. We'll cross back to the states in about a month.
Smoke is so confused, but somewhat delighted that I'm up at cat-time. She'd be more delighted if I'd let her out, but she'll settle for chasing that evil tail and a little ball we've got hanging from the steps for her. She is so weird with that toy. The ball is  hanging from yarn. She catches the ball, pulls the yarn tight, licks the yarn, and then rubs the yarn across her checks and face. Maybe it's her version of a spa....

I doubt I'll be up at 3a.m. tomorrow!  We won't have internet again for perhaps a week. I"ll be back then~

No comments: