Sunday, January 29, 2012

Still in Vero

We're still in Vero Beach.  Not that we don't like Vero, we do.  Great friends here, nice town, convenient shopping (free buses).  But we really wanted to leave by now and be headed south or even in the Bahamas.
It started as a simple desire to have a PT appointment so I could be stretching my ankle muscles.  It took over a week to get that perscription worked out. We got some negative input so decided to have my delayed MRI done here to determine the status of my ankle and consider our cruising options.  Another week of trying to make that happen, including a denial from my insurance because the Dr. and MRI are in separate states. Then a 4 hour stint in the ER room (only to learn that ER doesn't do MRI's and the hospital doesn't do them on weekends).  Now I'm told that the on-call ortho surgeon for the hospital is obligated to see me, but I have to call and make an appointment and hopefully he'll arrange the MRI.  At least it'll be a second opinion, but let me tell you, I am just a bit frustrated in my efforts to get PT and an MRI.  grumph. 
That's it - sunny, 80, a little windy today. Smoke loves lazing on the boat, I started a new knitting project, and Luke has accomplished some boat maintenance and computer stuff. I shouldn't complain ....

2 comments:

Janet said...

Hang in there! I hope that you get a good report.

Judy said...

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!