Friday, May 25, 2012

Our first RV trip

We FINALLY got the opportunity to take our first RV trip!  Not a big trip, but a "shake down" trip of about 30 miles to the Smith Mountain Lake State Park.  We were fortunate that our friends across the street, Yvonne and Charlie, were able to go RV'ing with us!
Here are "Harvey the RV" and our RV (right, still unnamed), snuggled back into their respective camp sites.


We relaxed, enjoyed dinner in front of a good campfire, and celebrated our new adventure.


Yvonne and Luke walked the trails through the park, while Charlie and I stayed at the campsites.  My air cast is OFF!  But I am to wear an ankle brace any time that I am out of the house for 3 more months.  My ankle is mostly ok, but the foot itself hurts, as the muscles and tendons are stretching and relearning their jobs.  Hiking is not great right now.  Anyway, it was a good camping experience and we definitely like RV'ing!  Just need more driving experience now...

No comments: