Sunday, May 8, 2011

Seeing daughters Nikki & Heather

It's great to be home and see my daughters Nikki and Heather again.  I had a special Mother's Day week/weekend.

Nikki, my Roanoke daughter, came over  on Tuesday evening, bringing fresh asparagus, spinach noodles, home made beer, and other goodies - like a tote bag she made for me!  It was a good dinner and time spent with her. Here's my crab bag - the front is in 4 sections:  the top is the wire of the crab cage, one side is crabs, the middle the sea, and the other side is an assortment of crab impliments (cooking pot, hammer, beer, etc). 



The back is the newspaper that you use on the table for crab cracking.




We had a wonderful weekend visiting with my older daughter Heather, near Raleigh,NC.  Flowers from her for Mother's Day.



On Saturday night Luke, Heather, and I went to one of the local bull riding rings in eastern NC. Heather is an offical photographer (http://www.2dogsphoto.com/).   It was great fun - Heather arranged for Luke to get "behind the scenes" and watch the bulls being "prepared" and the riders loaded onto the bulls....aaaggghh!!!!


That would be Luke - the one with the Bahamas baseball cap instead of the cowboy hat

There won't be any pictures of Luke riding the bulls....

Smoke is MOST glad that we're home!

Next, a visit to Charlotte to visit my dad.



No comments: