Friday, March 23, 2012

Like father, like daughter

I'm finally feeling better enough to go to Charlotte to visit dad.  Poor Luke, he's the designated chauffeur, go- getter, and handler for we two handicapped souls. For the last two days we've taken dad on errands....at every stop Luke goes to the trunk, takes out the walker, opens it, presents it to dad in the front seat, goes back to the trunk, takes out my scooter, opens it, and presents it to me in the back seat.  Dad and I scooter and shuffle away while Luke closes the trunk, moves the car from our drop-off zone, parks it, and catches up (usually before we get 20 feet). When we conclude the particular errand, Luke fetches the car, meets us at the handicapped pick up stop, and the whole process is repeated in reverse.  Off to the next stop, where we start all over again.  Luke loves it....sure he does! Dad uses his walker on a regular basis; I hope to have this scooter only another 3 weeks.  Note the spring cast - gotta go with the season!


Back home to sweet Smokey on Saturday.  I'm sure she's missed us!

As a "teaser" for you locals, check out the Extra section in the Roanoke Times paper this Sunday!!!!

No comments: