Thursday, February 13, 2014

And this is why we go south for the winter....

 
Yes, I'm in that southeast snowstorm.  Only about 8 inches here, unlike home where they got 15 inches.  Or Miami where it's 85...  The view from dad's almost vacant apartment.
 
 

 
Beth has the car only car scrapper between us, and she is leaving tomorrow.  I decided it would be a good idea to clean off the accumulation before she left, so out I trudged.  No snow boots?  No problem!  Plastic bags! I wore identical snow boots as a child.
 


The Snow Angel.  She wishes she was a mermaid.



This is a man's glove, large and long.  Just a reference for the snow on the car.


But, a little hard work and ta ta!  I have a red car again!


Of course, it's still snowing like crazy, big fat flakes that stick.  At least it should not be another 8 inches.

May go back to Luke, Smokey, and Latitudes early next week.  Dad is apparently comfortable in his new surroundings.  I haven't been able to talk to him today, as many employees are not at work and a lot of phone lines are down.  But he sounded good last night.  When Beth and I managed to get a nurse who offered to wheel him to a phone, he declined, saying he'd rather eat his lunch. ha!  But at least he's' eating and apparently doing ok.

No comments: