Monday, March 3, 2014

Back to Miami (actually, Coconut Grove...)

Luke, Smoke, and I left Charlotte on Saturday afternoon, after the memorial service for dad at his independent living residence.  To Savannah to spend a short night with our sister-in-law, then a long day on Sunday to spend the night with friends Ange and Ray outside of Lauderdale.  Finally, today we are back at Latitudes.  Smoke was a good traveler but she was so glad to get back home that she hid in our shelved closet, hoping no one would find her and take her off of the boat!


A little putting away of travel stuff, a long nap for me, and I am officially back on the boat.  We had dinner tonight in town with friends from 2009, Wendy and Warwick, plus Luke's new friends on the boat beside us, Anita and Charlie.  That has helped the transition back to the usual world, but it seems to be a harder transition today than I had anticipated.  All things in good time, I guess.

No comments: