Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irene is slowly waltzing our way

Rain all night, heavy fog now, and winds are beginning to pick up and gust a bit, up to 23 knots. We expect 50 knots steady, with guests over 60 knots.  The latest is an arrival of the tropical storm of around 2pm, over by 10.  That's good - it's much more comfortable if you can see what's going on around you instead of depending on the GPS and radar.

Sweet Smoke has no idea what she is in for.  She is adamant about being outside when the engine is running.  We will probably run it fulltime after the storm starts, just as a safety precaution to have some control of Latitudes.  She isn't going to like the wind and rain.  Yes, we have the enclosure but that won't stop tropical force winds from blowing rain under and around it. I'll put a towel out for her to sit on and maybe she'll forgive us in a few days !

I read dad's book.  It is a nice book, kept my interest, and is a wonderful little story.  It's a quick read, only 289 pages.  I will say that I think it is more of a woman's book.  My only problem was that it took the first 50 pages before I stopped hearing my dad's voice as I read his writting! LOL!  

No comments: